Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memories to Inspire and Refresh

In a devotional from Joni Eareckson Tada, she writes,

Warm and lovely memories have a way of helping you live life better in the present…Pick out a memory and savor the sweetness…Lord, please bring to mind encouraging and uplifting memories that help me see Your hand at work in my life over the years.  I praise You today for thoughts that inspire and refresh.

In the days since my dad’s passing we’ve received an outpouring of inspiring and refreshing memories from friends and loved ones.  Our former pastor, Dr. Gary Rieben, sent this note to my mom:

In fourteen years of working together, Richard and I never had one moment of disagreement. I count that to his servant attitude rather than to anything in me. He was a model of what a pastor and church needs: faithful, diligent, caring, with a deep love for Jesus.

He has now received his crown for faithfulness to the Lord.

If I can be of any help or comfort please let me know.

I remain a friend and brother although an ex-pastor. May Jesus Himself come to you with his heart sustaining grace during this painful time.
Gary Rieben

Thank you Pastor Gary, and thank you to everyone for the good memories that remind us of our dad’s big heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment